Join the Team – Make A Difference! Work at AID Atlanta, an affiliate of AHF.
AID Atlanta, Inc. has been saving and transforming lives since its inception in 1982. The agency is the Southeast’s oldest, largest, and most comprehensive AIDS Service Organization.
Today, AID Atlanta offers a broad range of services and has grown to be the most comprehensive AIDS service organization in the Southeast. AID Atlanta currently offers HIV/AIDS prevention and care services, including (but not limited to) Primary Care, HIV/STD Screening, PrEP, Community HIV Prevention Programs, Linkage Services, Case Management, and a state-wide Information Hotline.
The mission of AID Atlanta is to reduce new HIV infections and improve the quality of life of its clients by breaking barriers and building community.
AID Atlanta’s core values:
If you would like to be a part of fostering empowerment in someone’s life, AID Atlanta is the place for you.
The Essential duties and responsibities
• Assist the Information Services Program Manager
• Answer questions for callers, walk-ins and on-line inquiries about HIV/STDs, Spanish a plus
• Refer Georgia consumers to medical care, counseling and social services
• To assess InfoLine consumers’ needs for referrals linking to medical care, housing, rental/financial assistance
• Assist and facilitate Georgia callers the process and documents required for linkage to care
• Link callers to medical care/treatment for HIV, nPEP, PrEP
• Pre-screen InfoLine callers seeking case management services, documenting encounters in appropriate database, and refer to appropriate Case Management Services, where applicable
• Assist Program Manager with email correspondence for emailers inquiring about services in Georgia
• To assist with ongoing research to update, the InfoLine’s Database of local and state organizations for medical, mental health, dental and social services
• To research and update information on HIV/STDs
• Assist updating information on local events for the InfoLine’s Face Book
• Collect caller, walk-in and email data to enter into the appropriate database
• Provide monthly reporting on demographics and analysis of outcomes
• Research and develop relationships/partnerships with Community Based Organizations to advertise the Line’s Linkage services, Spanish is a plus
• Attend and participate in scheduled trainings and on-going staff development events
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Experience in counseling, social service delivery or related field, preferred
• Minimum two years’ experience working with a diverse population, Spanish a plus
• Considerable knowledge of HIV/STDs, preferred
• Familiarity with the HIV/STD needs of diverse populations and gender identities
• Experience working with individuals of varying backgrounds and sexual orientations
• Knowledge of and sensitivity toward the transgender community
• Knowledge of resources for the transgender community
• Experience working with constituent database and data collection software
• Adept at Social Media, Chat, Facebook and YouTube
We at AID Atlanta/AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment. AHF will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ordinance.